Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm back

I flew back home last night and was pleased to be back. I always miss my son so much when I travel. And he was happy to see me as well.

I don't know what switch flipped overnight, but the poor thing woke up with a freaky fever this morning. Had to miss work to take him to see the doctor - he assures that he'll be ok soon. But seeing him being so different from his usual bubbly naughty self is so sad. I pray that it passes sooner than we think.

As for me, I did very well on my trip. No gain yet again. I think I'm getting the hang of this travelling thing. I just wonder whatever made me think that being on the road gives me an excuse to stop taking care of myself... Anyway, I'm glad that I finally got it. And guess what, I've realized that I eat even better when travelling now than I do at home. I suppose not having the food there waiting to be eaten should I choose is very helpful. I buy only what I need and that's all I eat, whereas at hoem I can always munch on something from the fridge, or even whip something up.

As planned I did not exercise at all while I've been away. I did miss it a lot though. However, my foot pain is still there in the background. I can tell that a walk on the treadmill would have me limping again, so what do I do? It's probably time I got help for it. But being where I am, I know the best I'll be getting maybe pain killers. When will our part of the world reach world standard in that area, I wonder. Oh well, we just have to deal.

The weekend is here, and though there is so much I could do - US Mission sports day, friend of a friend's wedding, boyfriend's cousins reunion, trip to Jwaneng - I don't feel like I'll end of doing any of it. I think I'll end up just home looking after my son. Yeah, I think I have my priorities right.

It will be a good weekend though. If anyone reads this, have a good one yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I hope the little guy feels better! It's the worst thing ever when they're sick, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete