Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally...


You'd thinking I'd have jumped onto it the minute I found out that Karen had bestowed upon poor old me this wonderful award; but I have been so busy. But finally I've decided it's time I fulfilled my promise to participate no matter. Thanks again, Karen!

The rules of the award are to tell you 7 things you may not know about myself then pass it on to 7 others.

What you may not know about me

1. I think I'm obssessed with weight loss/fitness blogs; no matter how busy I am, I make time to read the latest posts of my favourite bloggers. Wish I could comment all the time. But you knew that already, didn't you?

2. Right now, at this very moment, if I could have my own way I would be a stay-at-home mom. I love my job, but I'm tired, right now.

3. I'm the first of 4 kids, and was technically an only child for almost 7 years; however, those first 7 years of my life I lived with my grandparents and since my mom had me when she was still young, I grew up more like a sibling to my mom's younger siblings rather than a niece or nephew. So, my cousins refer to me as their aunt and they are my nieces and nephews.

4. I don't work on my birthday. I always make sure to take the day off of work and spend it relaxing. In the past couple of years I've taken my son's birthday off as well to be with him.

5. I love to bake; but I haven't in a while because I tend to end up eating most of what I baked right out of the oven.

6. I don't have a best friend; I have a circle of friends and I don't know who to call my best friend because they seem to alternate for that title. Then I have other really good friends outside of that circle. Then there's my mom, and her youngest sister who's just a year older than me. My best friends. And then there's my son, whose nickname means 'friend'.

7. I'm having killer cravings this week. Last night it was bread with butter, this morning it was something salty of the meat variety. Ugh. But hey, I haven't had, or craved, a Coke in the past 5 weeks!

Bonus - when we go to the grocery store, my little sister and I spend a few minutes (or many seconds rather) gazing through the glass at the goodies at the bakery and salivating. Yeah, I'm silly like that. That's how the chocolate-chip cookies happened on Sat, but usually I'm very strong.

7 others
Can't we say I'll have exactly 7 people read this and each and everyone of you will take part? I think that'll work. So, there you are, go for it!

And since it's Friday, have a great weekend. I intend to, though I think I'll end up being strapped for time. Training a new maid, plus regular weekend stuff, plus getting ready for a work trip on Monday and visiting with my grandmother who came into town last night.

1 comment:

  1. I could've written #3, except I was the only child for 6 years =)

    ReplyDelete