Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New Ways

No new year's resolutions
I know we're almost 2 weeks into 2011, but the year is still new, right? I did not make any new year's resolutions, but that does not mean I do not have any aspirations. Quite the opposite actually. There's so much I'd like to accomplish this year. In terms of health and fitness, finances, work, etc. But I didn't want to embark on any projects as new year's resolutions, because from experience, as soon as the year loses it's sparkle, so will my commitment to the projects.

What are we to do then?
I already have plans for some of my projects, others I'm still working on or yet to sort out the details of. Due to the uncertainty on the job front, some I can not project to far into the future, but wherever possible, the plans are for the year.

Wait, I lied...
I did have one resolution - To start going to church regularly, and I made it the first Sunday. Last Sunday I couldn't since I was out of town. But this is one I know I can't tire of as I tire of counting the days into the new year.

What's new?
On the health and fitness front, my friends and I have FINALLY started working as a group to motivate each other to lose weight. There are currently 5 of us, weight ranging from 65 to 115kg, quite a difference, hey? But the bottomline is that we all want to drop some serious poundage and we need each other to cheer us along and drag us on days when we don't feel like putting the effort it takes. It's even on a friendly competition level with weekly prizes for the biggest loser, making it even more fun.
The best thing about it is that I know for the next 6 months, at least, I'll get to see my friends very regularly, which is something we have always failed at.

So, here's to a resolutionless but prosperous 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment