Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back on the exercise bandwagon

Finally I'm catching up with everyone on a fitness journey. What do they say the recipe is to get healthy aka lose weight? Eat less and move more. And I'm sure eat less can sometimes be read as eat smart, yes, smart is the new less! lol

Anyway, as of Monday I'm back to moving moving moving. And very soon I'll be ready to conquer my fun walk at the marathon in April. I'm start out small and easy. Like on Monday, we walked leisurely for 30 minutes near a mall, and that was after hitting a couple of road blocks to what we really wanted. And, I'm sure we'd struck it lucky because the place we ended up at is such a better option in terms of fit - that is, what we're ready for right now, distance from our houses, safe parking, etc. Then on Tuesday I hit the treadmill first thing in the morning for 20 minutes. You say only?And I say yes, it's a start, I did not sleep in. Yesterday was supposed to be the 2nd date but unfortunately I was stuck across town and couldn't make it.

The plan with my friend is to walk together near the mall on Mondays and Wednesdays after work, then have a longer walk on Saturday mornings. We're still thinking about what to do on the other days, hiking may be? We'll see. In the meantime I'll be giving those other days to the treadmill. We're hoping to get more of our friends involved to make it more fun, but hey, we won't wait till they join us to get serious. Been there and look, we're still the same unfit us. I'd rather they find us going than we lounge around waiting for whenever they decide it's time.

So, the plan: do the evening dates, do treadmill while we decide what to the on the other days, and continue with the eat smart (or less) thing. We should see some progress, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment