Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh, you shouldn't have

This is a good one...

When Steve forgets his wedding anniversary, his wife is furious. "Tomorrow morning," she warns, "I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from zero to 200 in 6 seconds. And it better be there!"
The next morning Steve leaves for work before his wife gets up. When she wakes up she looks out the window and sees a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.
She puts on her robe and runs out to get it. She tears the wrapping paper off to reveal a brand-new bathroom scale.
Steve has been missing since Friday.

I got this out of a weekly magazine that I had a look at this morning. I don't know how it makes me feel, but at the time I found it funny and I laughed. I think I'm kind of angry, and I can't even begin to imagine how it would have gone down if I was Steve's wife. He would definitely be missing I'm sure! lol.

Menu plan
Today I received my menu plan for week 2, along with this weekly motivational 'talk'. I'm excited that I've been able to stay on plan since Monday (the servings might have been a bit in excess of the what the plan recommends one of the evenings though - but I move on). I've been tempted, but I've stayed with the plan; contrary to what I've been known to do in the past, i.e. give up by the afternoon/evening on Day 1!
The plan for next week basically looks like this week's with a few substitutionsfor the different food types. The 'formulas' stay the same as this, so I know I'll still have enough to eat (insert happy dance here).

My plan
I plan to stick with menu plans as they are by just selecting my favourite meals and making very few to no substitutions, just to keep things simple and avoid being carried away -- this could lead to mistakes, and we know how that can go. That will cover the food part.
As far as exercise, I haven't been super-active in a long time. I can't lie about that. Since the fun walk in April, I only put on my sneakers the other day to go for a walk outside. My treadmill has just about forgotten me. Since I'm moving across town next weekend, I've decided to wait till then and then I'm going to join a Curves not too far from my new place. I want to go for the trial visit on Monday and I hope I like it.  So, as soon as I'm moved in I'll work on an exercise plan.

Other than that, the long weekend looks great. Lots of time to relax, but I also have to prepare for the move, start getting boxes and think about how to pack. My Monday is packed though; most everybody else will be open, so it's a good time to get to those places that I usually have to skip work to get to.


Anyways, have a great long weekend. I'll post next on Monday with my weekly weigh-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment