Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Excitement

Thankful
I'm thankful that I am so 'young at heart' and so easily excited. I'm extremely excited about my birthday on Wednesday, and perhaps even more excited about the christmas season coming up. Seeing all the decorations already up in the stores and malls has me giddy. I can't wait till I can decorate my house. I'll do it on the 25th (American Thanksgiving day) when I'm off of work.

I'm taking 3 days off this week to celebrate my birthday!! I have a lot planned, including an out of town trip where I'll be on the look out for new christmas decorations for the house. Why isn't everyone around me as excited as I am about christmas?? Of course it's only one day, BUT there's a whole season around it. I started seeing the first decorations this year in October, that's at the very least 2.5 months in advance of the day, and you want to tell me it only 1 day? I'll always be a little girl when it comes to christmas, and can only hope that my kids will love it as much as I do.

Anyway, on the regular stuff...I'm still taking my hiatus. Enjoying everyday without much worries. I have overdone the last few days but have given myself permission not to beat myself up about it. In the process I've learned how to make the most amazing pizza. I've had pizza from a thousand places the world over, but believe me when I say I have never tasted any as great as what I made on Friday. I also baked some chewy cookies that my son absolutely loves and will be getting often. Tonight I'm making some moroccan chicken curry to go with rice. It's a Weigh Less recipe that I love and have made several times already.

As for gym I'll go when I get back from my little trip. I'm sure there'll be lots of walking on that trip which should prime me for starting regular work outs.

Other than that, I'm constantly thinking about how I should give myself the next 2 years of my life, 33rd to 35th birthday to live my best life while attempting to find the real me. Be more feisty and just enjoy life more. I'm sure going to attempt to live more. Just have to come up with a plan, and it's probably time I made up my bucket list...

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!! I love that you are seeking out the best you and that is something to cheer about!

    PS: I LOVE Christmas too!! I have an 11 mo puppy who will be celebrating his first Christmas with us and I am trying to figure out how to decorate around his desire to be curious!!

    ReplyDelete