Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

I've been baking

Thankful
I am thankful for all the things that I may take for granted on a day to day basis. A roof over my head, air conditioning - a total necessity in this heat, a car to take me places whenever I want, clean water, food, electricity, a well-functioning body. And just about enough money for me to afford the basics. And my job, for as long as I have it.

So I've been baking. A lot. Even during the week. My downfall has been food blogs. I browse around and often I come something that looks just irresistible and easy to make. So I bring out the recipe, make sure I have all the right ingredients and I go to town. So, far I've been successful with each single recipe. My latest was a rich fruit cake that turned out very well, and everyone who got a taste of it was just raving about it. Which means I'm not so bad. But, it also means that my 'taster' will suffer the consequences of this incessant baking. Guess who the taster is??

Myself, of course.

Another 'confession'? I haven't been to gym at all this week. Excuse, after excuse, after excuse. Some really legitimate, but others, not so much. And I just won't dwell on it, what's the point?

And last, at least for today... I have decided not to renew my Weigh-Less membership at the moment. I have not been following the plan properly and know I can't fool myself thinking another 3 months membership right now will make me make a 180. I told my online group leader that I will resume as soon as I feel that I'm ready to make the commitment.

Where does that leave me?
Struggling of course, recycling the same 5 pounds over and over. But it also leaves me with a resolve to not gain any more than that 5 pounds above my lowest this year. I'd love to be losing of course, but in the absence of losses, maintaining is acceptable. Not weight gain. I'm not motivated right now to chase the numbers down, though there are motivators left, right and centre, but I'm determined to continue eating healthily, and move as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment