Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am thankful

My birthday month is also thanksgiving month for Americans. Ever since I discovered Thanksgiving day, I've wished that it was something we celebrated here. But fortunately, there's no reason why I can't just choose to celebrate along with the Americans, and also I've always worked in organizations originating from the US, hence working with Americans and getting to celebrate along with them holidays that I would otherwise maybe not aware of.

Anyway, I have so much to be thankful for. When I look around myself, I can see that I am truly blessed. I am blessed first of all by having been born into this country. Peace, tranquility, stability. I can't imagine being from elsewhere.

I've decided that for the rest of the month I'm going to post a blog saying what I'm thankful for that day. One or two or more things. I'm even getting ahead of myself right now thinking of all the things that bring me joy, make life easier, and just plain make me glad to be me.

I'm looking forward to doing this and wish I had started on the first.

First: I am thankful that I am aware of, and I am able to celebrate, Thanksgiving this month along with my American friends. I am thankful for this platform to celebrate all the great things, and not so great things that help me grow in to a better person day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment