Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Reunited!

Me and my treadmill. My treadmill and I. It had been a while. And it was time.

I made up my mind that beginning August, come what may, I'm getting back on the exercise bandwagon. So, last night I made sure everything was ready for the morning. Made sure the power supply extension was ready and laid out my clothes and shoes. Made sure my music was ready, along with the earphones. And when I hit my pillow I knew there was no way I wouldn't do it.

Finally this morning, after the long long  hiatus, I got up at 5.30am and hit my treadmill before getting ready for work. It was a sweet reunion, because I thought I would really struggle to get 30 minutes done, but I was just fine. I even 'slogged' for a couple of minutes when just the right jam came around on my playlist. Which makes me believe I could be ready to try C25K again in just a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

All that's left for now is to set up the whole exercise area properly because it has been neglected since we moved. I need to have the tv where I can watch it without craning my neck and maybe twisting a muscle, but for now, the playlists will do just fine.

That's the first of the achievements I aim to amass in August - the goal was simple: start working out. I intend to walk on the treadmill at least every week day in August, with ab and core work to supplement. Then we'll move on from there. The rest of my goals will emerge over the rest of the week.

So, what plans have you made to improve your health and fitness this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment